If you relish physical activity and spending time outdoors, this is the opportunity for you. Our hiking trails are a pivotal feature of our property and require consistent TLC to remain accessible to visitors. This includes trimming low-hanging branches, weed wacking, and posting trail markers. Additionally, our property is threatened by the encroachment of non-native, invasive plant species that outcompete our native ones. If you have a passion for removing such plants, we would love to speak with you! Non-native, invasive plant identification skills are helpful, but not required. We ask that prospective land steward volunteers agree to:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Provide your own transportation to the Sharon Audubon Center.
- Arrive prepared to work their shifts in varying weather conditions, within reason.
- Volunteer at least one shift/week.
- Provide your own equipment if it is a weed wacker, chain saw, or any other gas/electric-powered device.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity or would like to learn more, please contact us at the Sharon Audubon Center.