**Camp Registration is SOLD OUT**
To access the online registration and waitlist option, click here.
Summer Camp registration begins April 13, 2021 at 6 a.m.
Week-long sessions for 2021 begin the week of July 12 and run through August 20.
Features for 2020
Here's a peek at this year's themes:
K - 2nd Grade
$330 per week
3rd - 6th Grade
$330 per week
$175 per session
|July 12 - 16||
Welcome to the Wild
I, the Naturalist
|July 19 - 23||
Things That Make You Go Eewww
|July 26 - 30||
Keep Your Cool
|Aug 2 - 6||
No Backbone Required
|Aug 9 - 13||
|Aug 16 - 20||
Wonders of Water
|July 20, 27, Aug 3, 10, & 17||
Early Childhood Discovery (Ages 3-4 with an adult)
The Sharon Audubon Center Summer Nature Program offers themed and general nature camps for children ages 3 through entering Grade 6. The camps have a small student-to-teacher ratio and are interactive, educational, and lots of fun! Get ready for an exciting outdoor adventure, learning about animals and plants. Sessions include outdoor exploration, hikes, live animal programs, hands-on activities and experiments, games, and crafts—so there is something of interest for everyone.
The Sharon Audubon Center Summer Nature Program is a Connecticut state-certified day camp. Camp sessions are week-long and take place at the Sharon Audubon Center, located on Route 4 in Sharon, Connecticut.
For Sharon Audubon Center camp questions and queries, contact Wendy Miller, Camp Director, at email@example.com or 860-364-0520 ext. 105.
Sprouts and Explorers: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday - Friday
Early Childhood Discovery: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m., Every Tuesday from July 20 - August 17
Payments / Cancellation / Refund Policy
Camp fees must be paid in full at the time of registration unless special circumstances are approved by Audubon staff. We are not able to register children for camp over the phone or hold spaces without payment.
Payment (minus 20%) will be refunded for cancellations received at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp to be attended. Refund requests must be received in writing (can be in email form) within two weeks after that camp session ends. If a participant is canceling due to a potential or confirmed COVID exposure or illness, Sharon Audubon Center will issue a full refund, less $25 per participant per session. If Audubon must cancel a session, you will receive a full refund for that session only, less $25 per participant per session, or the opportunity to donate or apply the amount towards a future program.
Limited financial assistance is available. If you are in need of assistance, contact the center for scholarship information and applications. Those receiving financial assistance will be asked to write a short essay telling why they would like to attend Sharon Audubon Center’s Summer Nature Programs. Scholarships will only be awarded for one camp session per student.
Lend a Helping Hand - Camp scholarship donations provide critical assistance to families in need. If you are interested in helping another student attend summer camp, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Summer Camp Scholarship Fund.
Please send donation checks payable to Sharon Audubon Center (with “Camp Scholarship Fund” written in the memo) to: Sharon Audubon Center, Summer Nature Camp, 325 Cornwall Bridge Road, Sharon, CT 06069.
COVID-RELATED GUIDELINES (last updated 4-13-21)
Be sure to familiarize yourself with our COVID-19 guidelines. Please note, in-person camp may be canceled at any time up until and during the camp season if COVID cases continue to rise and we feel it would not be safe for our staff and campers (see our Cancellation Policy). These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- If you or your child are feeling ill, or are showing any signs of COVID symptoms, DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAMP! Contact our Camp Director of First Aid to notify us of any illness.
- Camp will primarily be held outdoors and under tents, unless there is severe weather such as a thunderstorm. If the weather forecast is calling for rain, please be sure to send your camper with a raincoat, rain boots, or even a change of clothes, as we will be outside.
- Masks will be required at all times. We will have multiple mask breaks throughout the day and as needed. We suggest sending an extra mask or two with your child each day.
- Social distancing will be practiced as much as possible, but some activities may bring campers (within the same group) closer than 6 feet. Sprouts and Explorers campers will not be intermingling during activities.
- Hand washing and sanitizer will be encouraged throughout the day
- Frequent, in-depth cleaning and sanitizing of supplies, restrooms, and program areas will be practiced.
- Temperature checks will be done each morning for staff and participants.
- Parents/Guardians will be required to complete a daily COVID pre-screening form in order for their child(ren) to attend camp for the day.
- If a camper becomes ill and tests positive for COVID-19, guardians of campers in that session will be notified and will need to quarantine.
- Contact tracing and notifications will follow CDC and CT State Guidelines.
- There will be no Friday camp presentation for families this year.
- There will be no before or after-care offered this year.
- Only campers and staff/volunteers will be permitted inside the center building.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES
- Drop off and pick up will look a bit different this year, as parents/guardians will be required to stay in their vehicle.
- Drop off will take place from 8:45 - 9:10 a.m. Follow the signs around the driveway circle to the drop-off area. Staff will then do a camper temperature check and collect the completed daily COVID pre-screening form. At that time, campers will be escorted out of the vehicle to their correct camp group on the front lawn.
- Please be sure to have any sunscreen and bug spray on your child before coming to camp.
- At the end of the camp day, parents will again line up in the driveway circle and your child will be escorted to the vehicle for pick up. Again, parents/guardians are to stay in the vehicle. Pick-up will be from 2:50 - 3:10 p.m.