Get ready for a pumpkin-tastic good time! The Sharon Audubon Center is hosting a free, fun community Pumpkin Trail from Friday, October 27 through Sunday, November 5, 2023 (sunrise to sunset).
Plus, enjoy extended hours, nighttime glowing, and other fall festivities at our Light the Night event on Friday, October 27 from 7:00 - 8:30 PM!
Guests of all ages are welcome to come walk around our main grounds (at 325 Cornwall Bridge Road, Sharon, CT 06069) and view carved and decorated pumpkin entries on exhibit, all lit up in the darkness. Bring your own flashlight for the trail and a sense of adventure!
Kids crafts and games will also be ongoing throughout the event! The Great Cape Baking Company will be on-site with their food truck selling fresh, homemade apple cider donuts.
There will be NO pets allowed at this event. Admission is $15 per carload, cash only.
This is a full community participation event. We need YOU in order to make this happen! No pre-registration is required to visit the trail, but if you'd like to submit a pumpkin to display, please see submission guidelines below.
Decorate a Pumpkin for the Pumpkin Trail
Share your pumpkin decorating skills and help make magic on the Pumpkin Trail! Everyone is welcome to submit a pumpkin or two (or four or ten!) to be displayed along the trail. Pumpkins may be carved or decorated (painted, using recycled materials, etc.). Be creative—think funny or spooky faces, nature or animal-themed, etc. No inappropriate or gory entries will be permitted, as this is a family-friendly event. We will also accept gourds that are decorated as animals.
- All children (12 and under) will receive a small "prize" for entering!
- All pumpkin submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form, available at the drop-off site or online here.
- We will have a limited number of carving pumpkins available for those willing to enter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Entries may be dropped off at Sharon Audubon Center between October 24 - 27, by noon.
Drop-off procedures for pumpkin entries are listed on the entry form, available at the drop-off site or online here!
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
- Northwest CT Realty
- Oppenheimer Environmental Fund
- Nuvance Health