Get ready for a pump-tastic good time! The Sharon Audubon Center is hosting a free, fun community Pumpkin Trail. From October 24 through November 8 (sunrise to sunset), families are welcome to come walk around our main grounds (at 325 Cornwall Bridge Road, Sharon, CT 06069) and view carved and decorated pumpkin entries on exhibit—and vote for your favorites to win "Viewers' Choice!"
Plus, enjoy extended hours and nighttime glowing on opening night—Saturday, October 24 the trail will be open until 8:30 p.m.
Bring your own flashlight for the trail, a sense of adventure, and your COVID facemask. Social distancing must be observed at all times.
This is a full community participation event. We need YOU in order to make this happen! Learn how below.
Decorate a Pumpkin for the Pumpkin Trail
Share your pumpkin decorating skills! Help make magic on the Pumpkin Trail! Everyone is welcome to submit a pumpkin or two (or four or ten!) to be displayed along the trail. Pumpkins may be carved (freehand or stenciled,) or decorated (painted, using recycled materials, etc.). Be creative—think funny or spooky faces, nature or animal themed, etc. No inappropriate or gory entries will be permitted, as this is a family-friendly event.
- All children (12 and under) will receive a small "prize" for entering!
- All pumpkin submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Entries may be dropped off at Sharon Audubon Center between October 21 - 23 (deadline is October 23rd by 12 p.m.).
- Drop-off procedures for pumpkin entries are listed on the entry form.
- Participants can receive $2.00 off one pumpkin for the trail by taking the coupon (included on the entry form) to Paley's Farm Market at 230 Amenia Road in Sharon, Connecticut.
Other suggested locations for purchasing pumpkins:
- Ellsworth Hill Farm (Sharon, CT)
- Freund's Farm Market (Canaan, CT)
- Daisey Hill (Millerton, NY)
- Angevine Tree Farm (Warren, CT)
Please support our local neighbors! Thank you Paley's Farm Market for your support!